Friday, November 30, 2007

It's all too much

I finally caught Monday's Heroes. While I enjoyed it and thought it was pretty exciting, it was also rather cumbersome and unsatisfying. If next week's episode - the season finale - wraps up even a little bit of everything that's been going down, it'll have to be three hours long. Of course, it might not settle anything at all and instead just leave us hanging.

Anyway, this ep served up a little bit of everything, but not enough of anything. A couple minutes of Bennet strapped to a gurney, miraculously alive and swearing at Mohinder-the-dull, was nothing but a tease. At least he was naked under that sheet.

Sylar might not have his abilities, but it's comforting to know he's still creepy as fuck and undeniably bad. I hope Alejandro stays dead, and I hope Maya doesn't find out about it for a good long time. Also, I wonder if Molly will recognize Sylar if she wakes up to find him at her bedside.

Micah and his cousin certainly got themselves in a jam, though I suspect one of his mom's whacked alter egos is going to take care of the problem with some craziness and some gang banger ass-kicking. What I don't get is why any time is being spent on that story at all, since the really interesting stuff is all about the Shanti virus and the fate of 93% of the human population.

Which brings us around to Odessa, Texas, where it all started, and an apparent showdown between Peter and Hiro. If that's not a wild ride, I'm going to feel pretty damn cheated.

Well, Monday should bring the answers to at least some questions, but given all that's been happening this season, I'm keeping my expectations low.

No comments: