Monday, November 12, 2007

BSG:Razor event

Holy shit.

Tonight was BSG:Razor in the theater and I am so glad I was able to catch it. I really want to talk about all the things I thought were awesome about it, but I am going to save anything spoilerish 'til after it airs November 24. However, I have to gush just a bit right now.

Admiral Cain is my new hero. When I found out this special would be about the Pegasus, one of my concerns was that Cain's story and the unpleasant things she did, would be made "nice." Not to worry. We do find out the details of incidents that were only talked about previously, and those details are not clean. She is as badass as we thought she was.

There's some jumping around in time, so even though much happens with a crew we don't know much about from the series, there are old faces aplenty. Also, the introduction of a totally new character works surprisingly well.

As for the viewing itself, of course it was awesome to see it on the big screen, all huge and loud and pretty. The quality was decent, but not great. Surprisingly, the house was not full, though I'm still glad I got there about two hours early. My friend pointed out I was the first female in line, and chicks made up only a small portion of the audience, which is a bit of a shame. I'd just like to see more chicks in geekdom.

Well, I've much more to say, but I'll sit on it for a couple weeks. For now, I'll just reiterate: holy shit.

1 comment:

Alex Colby said...

I've just gotta spoil! I was really glad to meet the first openly queer major character on BSG...unless you count that fag Billy as major.

I just count him as thankfully dead