Friday, November 30, 2007

Wraith in the Milky Way!

Man, what a good Stargate Atlantis! Not only was this a Rodney episode, not only did we get our usual heroes working with the SGC as well as the NID, not only was this the occasion of the first Wraith ever in the Milky Way galaxy (!), but on top of all that, we got Kate Hewlett guest starring! *sigh* She's dreamy. In addition to playing Rodney's sister on the show, she's David Hewlett's sister in the real world, which adds a level of cuteness to their characters' interactions that I really like.

Mostly a really satisfying episode, with just a few minor complaints. Even with Rodney emotionally distraught enough to rush into an unknown situation, I think Barrett the NID guy would have insisted they wait for backup before charging in to rescue Jeannie. That would have made Rodney's ridiculously easy capture at least a little bit more of a challenge. And, while I guess I appreciate Sheppard's apparent guilt about serving up Rodney & Jeannie's kidnapper as a Wraith meal, the situation kind of made that choice a no-brainer. Other than those really pretty minor issues, what a great ep.

Next week brings us the last episode before the mid-season break and looks to be a serious cliffhanger (go figure). Wonderfully, earlier this month Gateworld reported that all of season four has been shot and is in post-production, so it will be largely unaffected by the WGA strike. However, it might not escape entirely unscathed, as the strike could mean a longer than usual mid-season break. If that's the worst of it, that's not so bad.

4 comments:

Yodood said...

As you were pounding this post out the writers got treated right, so no fear about ep rumors you hear.

My iChat is fucked, miss you.

Erica said...

Unfuck your ichat; I miss you, too!

So, someone posted to a list I'm on that Stargate Atlantis will be returning with all of the rest of season 4 in early January, but they didn't cite their source (and just because SciFi lists it on their schedule doesn't actually mean it's happening that way). And, I can't find any news that tells me anything new about the strike other than that they went back into talks on Thursday, I think it was. "Got treated right" sounds like something was settled, so tell me where you're getting your news. I want information! I hunger for knowledge! I crave coffee and a cheeseburger!!!

morjana said...

SGA's season four completed filming back in October. All 20 episodes were completed. "Be All My Sins Remember'd" airs Friday, Januar 4 at 10pm on the SciFi Channel.

Morjana

Erica said...

Thanks for the courtesy update! As it happens, my concerns were allayed not long ago and I've been counting the days.

I've also been squeeing at the very teasing commercials for the past 40 hours, through all of SciFi's SG xmas marathon :)

Awesome avatar, btw!