Saturday, November 17, 2007

Did I mention, what the fuck?

I found out why my blog is read with any regularity by only about three people, one of whom is my significantly awesome other, who is practically obligated to indulge my ridiculous hobbies:

The bastards!

The Blog Readability Test (click on the above image to get your blog's rating) will tell you what level of education is required to understand your blog, as determined by, aw hell, I don't know who, or how, or why for that matter.

I am both perplexed and amused by my blog's rating. Perplexed because, shit, as a high school and a college dropout, how do I manage to spew out posts that some random blog-rater thinks you'd need a postgrad reading level to understand? And really, I write most often about television shows. In what universe does anyone need any education at all to understand most of what's on tv? Amused because the US education system makes me laugh (if only so I don't cry). Oh, and I think I'm a little insulted for the same reason.

Clearly, if I want my blog to appeal to the unwashed masses, I need to swear more often and get a little more active in seeking out juvenile scifi things to post about*. I'll start with the former, because it's easier:
FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK!!

In all seriousness - and geekiness - I like this readability test better, if only because I am able to read about how the results were achieved. There's nothing like actually providing information!

Now back to our irregularly scheduled geekery.

*Note the bad grammar, which has to count for something

2 comments:

Yodood said...

I checked out your alternative readability site and must agree that its explaination of its method makes the results more understandable while remaining just as questionable. Since there can be no examination that can determine value of content the best one can do to improve ratings is to write in all one or two syllable words. In other words, "fuc"k is good, "fuckity" could cause you to become top secret? WTF indeed!

Erica said...

Ha! It's funny you mention that, because right after I posted that entry I thought to myself, "Oh shit, 'fuckity' has three syllables!" (which I then revised in my head to "word parts," since syllables is such a long word). Heh :)