Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oh no, I broke history!

It's no wonder Hiro is my favourite hero. The season two opener of Heroes pleased me. While we got some big surprises, this was a good establishing episode. Considering the number of stories to follow and the huge cast, this ep could have been overwhelming, but I don't think it tried to cram in too much. Of course, it could easily turn into a tangled behemoth as the season progresses, though I'm hopeful that won't be much of an issue.

I got very happy when Kensei removed his mask. I sure do like David Anders [Sark, on Alias], and I had forgotten that he was joining the show. As for the great Kensei being a slimy English coward, well, if anyone can turn him into a hero, it's Hiro. I sure hope Hiro doesn't become Kensei; that would just be kind of unsatisfying.

I have a blind spot when it comes to Mr. Bennet, so even though the bits with his paper store manager were irritatingly overdone, he was nice to watch. I wonder how long it'll be before he notices something strange about the guy floating outside his daughter's bedroom window....

The Petrelli family has certainly embraced upheaval. Peter's alive, cuffed inside a storage crate on the other side of the Atlantic, flaunting his latest power: super amnesia. It seems that Nathan might be growing a set as far as his mother is concerned. Conveniently, it appears she won't be much of an issue anymore. So, who's taking out the 'rents, and why now?

So far, I like the new characters, Maya & Alejandro. I'm curious about what exactly her ability is, but it's pretty clear it's plenty messy. There's a long list of other things I'm curious about, but I'm guessing much will be answered in time. I think I'm most interested in what Sylar's up to these days. It makes me very happy that he's not dead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not think it would be the worst if Hiro became Kensei. Who would not like to grow up to be the hero they idolized when they where growing up?

Erica said...

Alright, if I could go back and be Clarence Darrow, I would probably think it was just about the coolest thing in the world :)

For Hiro, though, I don't like the idea of that being his destiny. He's back there for some reason that's pertinent to the present, and I hope it's not just to use the Kensei story as a tool to allow Hiro some great training or something equally lame.

Of course, unless they really do something dumb with the plot, i bet I'm going to like whatever Hiro ends up doing.