Thursday, September 6, 2007

Eureka catch-up

I'm finally caught up on Eureka, having missed two eps while I was gone. Both of them had some laugh-out-loud moments and I enjoyed them well enough all around. However, the constant emphasis on how terribly dumb Jack Carter is got old awhile ago, yet the writers can't resist trotting it out over & over again. That's made especially frustrating by the fact that he is otherwise an excellently written character and the writers have to reach to make him look dumb [which, of course, he isn't].

So, I'm starting to enjoy the fact that the tease of an Allison/Jack relationship looks like a red herring. Stark continues to grow on me and I'm actually liking that he & Allison are reviving their relationship. Of course, I'd probably feel different if Jack wasn't being distracted by his dry cleaner.

Apparently, there's a fair sized contingent of fans who like the bright & shiny nature of Eureka; it's their happy show. During the con panel on the dark side of Eureka, quite a few people expressed disappointment in what's going on with Henry's story in particular. For my own taste, darker is definitely better and I'm hoping they ramp it up as the season continues.

No comments: