Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Flash Gordon improving, a bit

So far, I'm glad I've given Flash Gordon a chance. I want it to be really good and I want to like it. These first several eps have had me invoking other first seasons, reflecting on how much better some shows managed to get over time. Friday's ep, "Ascension," went a long way towards helping me believe this too will improve. It wasn't great, but it definitely didn't suck as hard as previous eps. I'm getting a little more interested in the characters and finding the stories a little more engaging, as we get a fuller picture of things.

The Hawkmen made me laugh. In fact, even the most rank eps have made me laugh at least a few times, which scores pretty high in my book. Of course, I'd prefer a darker show, but I always do. A little bit of the grim, however, comes in the form of Rankol [Ming's human/Segway pal], who's quickly becoming my favourite character.

Also, Flash's mom is totally hot.

No comments: