Friday, February 15, 2008

A very satisfying Stargate Atlantis

I think I'm too old for episodes like this; my heart just can't take the stress.

So, I guess we don't have to see Todd the Wraith for him to make another "appearance" in our heroes' world. Even the last time we saw him, he wasn't exactly on a friendly basis with the Atlantis team, so Rodney's "He's our ally" line didn't make a lot of sense. That's okay, though; it's a minor complaint about an otherwise totally awesome episode.

Why does Carter have to be such a wet blanket? I mean, it seemed like not only were Ronon & Teal'c having a good time kicking each others' asses, but everyone else was having a good time watching & betting on them. She just doesn't want the boys to have fun. I'm pretty sure I used to like Carter a lot more than I do now.

No surprise at all that Ronon & Teal'c would find common ground in the Three Stooges, or that Teal'c would admire Ronon's weapon. Heh. Because Ronon is so consistently cool, I think I'll put a picture of Jason Momoa up for Show & Tell soon.

It was also no surprise that they managed to save the SGC, and I enjoyed seeing them have to really fight to do it. Sometimes I think our intrepid heroes have too easy a time of it when they're facing a bunch of Wraith, and they definitely don't get into hand-to-hand fights often enough.

The worst moment for me was watching Sheppard crawling across the floor as the atmosphere was sucked out of the Midway station. It's not as though I didn't know he'd find a way to survive (in fact, in an earlier scene, the EVA suits were clearly visible, so I'd even guessed how), but it was stressful nonetheless. Also, I was hurting for Rodney, who had some minutes there of being sure John was dead.

A minor thing, and maybe I'm just remembering wrong, but didn't Teal'c have more grey hair after his experience in "Unending" than he had in this ep? Perhaps I'll have to watch "Unending" again.

Yes, all around a great episode, very exciting, with some nice warrior bonding.

***SPOILER FOR NEXT WEEK'S EP***

I have to squee, because I'm so fuckin' excited: Carson!!! It's Carson! Yay!!

No comments: