Saturday, February 9, 2008

Flash in the pan

Last night was the season finale of Flash Gordon. It was packed with excitement, reunions, family trauma, and heartbreak. I'm glad I held out, because this show actually did get better as the season progressed. It's not especially deep, gritty or dark, and I wouldn't say I'm the biggest fan, but I have been enjoying it. Some decent characters, interesting enough stories and, of course, hotties all make it worth the time. I'm still not thrilled with Ming, who just isn't merciless enough. I think he's too emotional, is the problem. He needs to get some distance.

So, exciting things have come to pass. Flash's folks are together again. Being the biggest sap ever, I was moved by their reunion. That just touched me. Flash & Dale shared a pretty steamy kiss that did a good job of teasing viewers who are into those two. I think I like Baylin & Zarkov better, though. Now there's a nice couple. And, now that he, Flash and Dale are all trapped on Mongo, they've got some time to work on that relationship. Oh, and there was a revolution, as Ming's kids, with Rankol at their side, rallied the deviate troops to free Mongo from the oppression of their "Benevolent Father."

I don't know if Flash Gordon will be renewed for a second season, but current rumours suggest it will not be.

No comments: