Friday, February 22, 2008

Many happy returns

Oooh, these are the kind of episodes I really like! The past couple weeks of Stargate Atlantis have made me very happy, and I expect the two remaining episodes of the season will also do me right.

As excited as I am to see Carson Beckett, we can be pretty damn sure it's not actually Carson. Nonetheless, it's really very nice to see Paul McGillion again. Now we have to wonder what nefarious plot is at the root of "Carson"'s return.

It's nice to finally put a name and face to the father of Teyla's child. Of course, what he's been turned into is a whole other matter. And speaking of which...Michael's back! When Connor Trinneer's name came up in the credits, I squealed. *Ahem* Don't judge me; it was a mature, dignified squeal. Michael is really so badass and I love whatever crazy shit he's got going on. It appears the missing Athosians are the first of his new race, and I hope Michael lets us in on more of his plan real soon.

Todd the Wraith is back and now I'm starting to wonder if our heroes are actually going to form some kind of long-term alliance with him. It seems the face of the enemy is changing for everyone, and the landscape is becoming much more murky.

I don't have much more to say about this ep. Exciting things are afoot and we'll just have to wait and see how they pan out. A couple observations: I think Ronon has a crush on Rodney. The way he teases him sometimes is the equivalent of pulling pigtails on the playground. It's very cute. Also, on a minor, prurient note, the costume department is high on my list of favourites since Teyla's pregnancy.

I can't wait 'til next week!

No comments: