Saturday, January 12, 2008

I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue

In my last post, I said there'd be a new Stargate Atlantis on Thursday, which, of course, was wrong. Then I missed the episode entirely on Friday night (albeit, for a good reason), and now that I've seen it, I hardly have fuck-all to say.

Let's see...Teyla's pregnancy is proving to be pretty damn interesting. Talk about crazy hormonal shit! As tense as the encounter with the Wraith queen was, it was nothing compared to the mere fact of Teyla and her baby being able to control a Wraith queen in the first place. Holy shit.

I hope Todd the Wraith actually did make it out in a dart before his ship hit the cloning facility. Now I wonder where he'll go and if he'll end up back in Atlantis anytime soon. [Follow-up: On second viewing, I caught that Todd did take off in a dart, but whether he got away or was captured by the other hive ship was uncertain. The question still remains, will we see him again?] But, back to the cloning facility - wasn't that place cool! Did the Wraith have just the one, because they couldn't get their life-sucking paws on any more ZPMs, or are there others somewhere in the galaxy? [More follow-up: It sounded like Todd was pretty sure there was only one of these bases, so they probably won't run across another. That's a shame, because that place was pretty fuckin' awesome it its total creepiness.]

Only two eps in since the mid-season break, and I'm getting impatient for things that I know are coming (like the return of Michael the Wraith, and, for fuck's sake!, Carson Beckett), as well as answers to some questions. Also, they could at least throw us a bone about the Athosians. And last week's wacky return of a new incarnation of Weir is just dangling out there like a big, pink elephant.

I reiterate, what the hell is going on?

No comments: