Monday, January 14, 2008

Ass-kicking aplenty

The premiere of The Sarah Connor Chronicles was certainly action-packed. It's hard to tell much about what the show will be like yet, but it's promising enough for me so far. Last night, I thought that perhaps if I were an overpaid network executive, I'd understand why Fox spread a two-hour premiere over two nights. Then I watched tonight's "second half" and realized it wasn't a two-part premiere at all - last night was simply the pilot, and tonight was the first regular episode. Of course, maybe if I were an overpaid network exec, I'd understand why they billed it the way they did. Anyway.

So, if Lena Headey (playing Sarah Connor) can maintain how cool I'm finding her thus far, I'm definitely going to like her. In fact, I'm happy with all the main actors. Without a doubt, it's nice to see Summer Glau kicking some ass as Cameron, the super awesome protector terminator. And I think Thomas Dekker is going to make a good young John.

I hope the show is not too heavy on the family drama, because that shit's just torture to me. On the other hand, one of the main characters is a teenage boy whose destiny it is to lead the human resistance against an AI apocalypse, so I'm willing to cut the show some slack if it gets a little emotionally dramatic on occasion.

Well, I'll plan on catching it next week, and we'll see how it holds up over the next few episodes.

No comments: