Friday, January 18, 2008

Disaster narrowly averted

And I don't mean Atlantis' life support systems shutting down, or the self-destruct almost taking out the city, or the risk of the beacon drawing unwanted attention. Tonight's Stargate Atlantis was loaded with tension, confusion and uncertainty, liberally peppered with humour and sweetness. Overall, an entertaining episode. But, it could have gone horribly awry had Rodney actually proposed to Katie Brown. I hope the closing scene means we've seen the last of that little misguided romance.

(Am I jealous? Petty? Okay, maybe a little. Yeah, probably. I can't help it; geeks win me over and make me all crazy & possessive.)

On the other hand, Ronon makes me so happy sometimes. He's charming and funny and likes to blow things up. If he and Keller end up an item, it'll be a very good thing. As a bonus, we got a little slice of who Keller is, and it's always nice to see a character I like get a little more development.

Finally, I loved that it was Zelenka who saved the day. He's a great character who too often is stuck in Rodney's shadow. Getting to watch him rescue the city was gratifying.

"Monster-of-the-week" episodes are never my favourites, but when SGA does them, they tend to be good, so I at least enjoy them. "Quarantine" wasn't the best ever, but all in all, it was good.

No comments: