Friday, January 4, 2008

As if Rodney's mojo was ever in doubt

Like I don't have enough grey hair! If tonight's Stargate Atlantis is any indicator, the rest of this season is going to be a seriously insane ride, with a lot of time spent on pins & needles.

Really, there's just too much love to go around. A few helpful allies are one thing, but working with the Wraith and Larrin's people (the folks from "Travelers," who live in their ships and kidnap certain Lt. Colonels especially blessed with the ATA gene), and creating their own very cute and docile Replicator, just seems chaotic, not to mention crazy. I suppose that's why it actually worked. Well, at least the supergenius twins, McKay & Carter, were able to solve their little power outage issue. Of course, it's a damn shame they couldn't take a few of those ZPMs with them when McKay, Ronon and the Marines bugged out, since they didn't need them to overload after all.

It was no surprise that the Wraith didn't show up at the rendezvous point after the big battle. In fact, when the order to get the hell outa Dodge was relayed, I wondered what reason the Wraith would have for bothering with the post-battle shindig, so it was kind of nice to get confirmation that there was, in fact, no reason.

I actually got a little choked up when Ronon was all cute with Teyla, after she told him and Sheppard that she's pregnant. In an ep with so much - well, just so much, that interlude was a nice "human" moment.

And at the end, all I could do was wail, "What the fuck?!" I have no idea what to think about Replicator!Weir and the little project she's got going. In fact, I'm sorely tempted to seek out some spoilers. But I won't! Instead, I will wallow tensely in my own sweat as I await the next several episodes.

Ew. Let's just skip that visual.

Goddamn! What the hell is going on?!!

1 comment:

Yodood said...

It's relevance ye want, lassie? To your perceptions, to nature, to itself? Onward thru the fog - or Edward threw the frog. The best hook for a perfectionist is an anomaly. They've got you on a treble.

To use the word varification, "I say, soosloa to all and to all a glorious ganjava every mornin'.