Friday, January 26, 2007

Some more thoughts on Heroes

I rewatched the latest ep and liked it better the second time around. To reiterate, Hiro rocks. Among the less interesting characters, Mohinder couldn't be more boring if he was asleep. Even when he's angry & threatened, he's dull as dirt. Hopefully he'll take on some more depth as his involvement with Claire's father and The List expands.

Parkman shares that same dullness, made worse by a boring marriage-problems storyline. I'm hoping he's quickly working with the FBI again, in part because the agent he works with makes him more interesting, but also because that agent is played by Clea DuVall [Sofie on Carnivale]. She's just interesting, probably even when she's asleep.

Is Claire's father working for Linderman? Is it Linderman who has Ted the Radioactive Guy in a shed in Nevada? Who the hell is Linderman?!

This show does a good job with the comic book feel. While borrowing ideas from comics, it stays true to its medium, resulting in a highly watchable show with comic book style. I wouldn't say the writing is outstanding, but for television fare, it is pretty good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We might have some wars about Heroes on here... hee! Just kidding. I'm just happy that people are watching the show at all (and, frankly, shocked that anybody but me likes it). It's become my other favorite show (along with BSG) and I feel even more personally connected to it than I do with BSG, because my livelihood is connected to the comic book industry and my world is steeped in comics lore and viewpoints).

So anyway... I think Linderman is absolutely behind everything. And I'm pretty sure I gleaned through interviews with the writing staff that he's such a big deal, we might not even get to meet him this season.

Erica said...

Hi Jemiah, thanks for coming by.

I haven't made it too clear, I think, but overall I'm definitely into Heroes. I'm also most critical of the things I like, "expectations" & all that :)

I think I'd be satisfied with never seeing Linderman, though I want more information about him. So far, all we really know is that he's very powerful, and he's connected to a bunch of these people [probably all of them] in one way or another. I wonder if he's mutated as well.... Well, I hope we get a credible explanation for how he's got his finger in so many pies.