Monday, December 10, 2007

I [heart] Stargate Atlantis

Lots of things to enjoy about the last ep of the fall season. Who knew Rodney would get along so well with his doppelganger? But of course, if he's truly going to appreciate anyone's company, it's going to be someone who's not his intellectual inferior (which pretty much leaves himself). I would, however, have expected him to have trouble with his nanite-created version being physically superior. Ronon, bless his caveman heart, is quite the charmer, and it was no surprise at all that both versions were a little nonplussed by the whole situation. Hearing Sheppard refer to "my McKay" tweaked that slashy part of me, but I'm pretty easy that way. In fact, I know it's just my perv-tinted lenses, but this whole episode was a bit on the slashy side. Not surprisingly, I loved Rodney's "Oh crap" an instant before the end credits.

Other random bits I enjoyed: Sheppard & Ronon sparring (I bet I could watch that for hours!); sneaky & secretive Replicator-Keller, -Lorne & -Zelenka; the destruction of Replicator-Atlantis; Ronon holding Rodney while Sheppard cut him; Rodney & Zelenka's painful conversation about Rodney avoiding dealing with Elizabeth's death.

I was a little disappointed to learn that Elizabeth is dead, though not because I was especially fond of the character. Rather, I sometimes get tired of how little "dead" can actually mean on some shows. So, Elizabeth is dead, but that doesn't mean we can't still have her around, indistinguishable from her former self but created by Replicators. Oy.

I can't help being a little amused by how damned convenient it is for our heroes that interraction with them leads their enemies to infighting. If it weren't for the Wraith's civil war and now the Replicators' internal strife, the humans would have been fucked a long time ago.

Now it is a mere four week wait for the exciting conclusion...or at least the continuation. The mid-season break is a blessedly short one, with new episodes resuming January 4. Yay!

No comments: