Friday, December 28, 2007

A few site changes

I've changed a thing or two in my list of GEEKY PLACES TO GO, over there on the right. First, no offense to Heroes, but I got rid of the link to the official NBC site. I just didn't feel like having it there anymore. Very cool, though, is the addition of a couple totally cool geek sites.

Bad Astronomy is a blog by (you guessed it) an astronomer who debunks bad astronomy wherever he finds it. He also rips up other bad science, and talks about a slew of other sciency things.

Insultingly Stupid Movie Physics covers, well, movie physics, the good, the bad and the totally ridiculous. Of course, not being a physicist myself and far too lazy to do the necessary work to be a physicist (i.e. getting at least one degree in physics), I can't say how accurate their physics is. I'm gullible, though, so I'll buy it. Also, the site is funny, which scores major points with me.

Finally, I added xkcd awhile ago, but failed to mention it, so now I'm telling you. Go look at xkcd and laugh.

No comments: