Friday, February 5, 2010

Groovy fandom, geeky tunes, and a good way to waste some time

I actually intend to do more than a once-a-week dump of links, but that's just not how things are shaping up these days. Well, there's some interesting shit here, so I hope you enjoy it!

Check out the very cool FANAC Fan History Project, chronicling scifi fandom in its many wacky forms, with stories & photos going back to the early 1950s. Fandom really is amazing.

In the spirit of my last post, here's another cool example of musical geekery, the Geekiest Songs in the Universe.

For those into time-wasting social media trends, I hang out on Twitter. My twittilations (I just wanted an excuse to use that word) can be found at http://twitter.com/RockyMtnErica. Groovy people to follow: @dragoncontv, because they post funny things; @popmech, for interesting science & tech articles; @sjgames, that's Steve Jackson Games and if you've never played a Steve Jackson game, your geek cred is in jeopardy; and @dhewlett, because I really like David Hewlett. There are other good finds on Twitter, but this short list is a dandy place to start.

No comments: