Saturday, January 30, 2010

A musical interlude, the search for strange objects, and still looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe

My slackerly ways have gotten the best of me this past week, but I did run across a few things that I thought were interesting. Probably the coolest is a 2008 series of entries from the blog Cruise Elroy, about the music in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Even though I'm not much of a music enthusiast and I know nothing about its technical aspects, I am a big fan of several of the Zelda games, and I often sleep to the soundtrack from Ocarina. Well, I was blown away by the depth of analysis and appreciation in these posts, even while most of it went over my head. Each post taps into a level of geekery that tweaks a special part of me deep inside. *ahem* Yes, well, I recommend checking out Cruise Elroy in general for nerdly interests both musical and game-ish in flavour.


Also cool: Saul Rubinek posted to Twitter today with, "http://twitpic.com/10jq4d - can't wait to start using my Artie stuff again March 1." Yay! I assume he's referring to the start of production on Warehouse 13's second season, which is scheduled to air this summer. While it's not the best TV to be had, it is entertaining and has some decent potential. Plus, I like Saul Rubinek so much that I'm pretty sure I'd watch him in damned near anything.


If you've been wondering what's up on the search-for-aliens front, wonder no more.


And that's a few things!

1 comment:

Yodood said...

I'm glad you're posting again. My remaining interests in western civilization are of the geeky nature, as if science may actually discover the spirit of the living universe. Keep on keepin' on.