Thursday, February 18, 2010

Worst damned funeral I've ever been to

The house was filled with visitors for days and days, but they've all finally cleared the fuck out so I can get back to my 'net surfing and TV watching.


Tuesday's Lost was made just for me. I've had enough booze that I'm feeling too lazy to pick apart the episode, but I enjoyed the same things I always enjoy. Whether he's Locke or the smoke monster, whoever the fuck he is I sure do like him. Just like I sure do like Ben, and he gave the best damned eulogy Locke could have asked for. Then Locke and Ben meeting in the LA timeline had me squeeing a little bit; that scene in the teachers' lounge was terrific.


I don't know what the fuck's going on with the cave and the names of candidates, and whether or not "Locke" and Sawyer will get off the island and what that might mean for this guy who's been there for so long, but I find this show a lot more entertaining if I maintain a "going along for the ride" attitude. Can't be overly concerned with making sense of it. There's lots of talk about the idea that Sawyer's setting up smokemonster-Locke for his biggest con ever, which'd be pretty cool.


On another front, I stumbled across the blog Eureka Unscripted, about the show Eureka by some of the people who make it. Very cool stuff there, not least of which is this two part interview with adviser Kevin Grazier, who I've mentioned on this blog before as both a super genius scientist guy, as well as someone I've seen several times at DragonCon and have a crush on - Part I and Part II. Super awesome cool news - Eureka is slated for twenty-two episodes in its upcoming fourth season, up from eighteen last season.

No comments: