Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just a few things

I've been doing a lot of snowshoeing lately, which has left me with less time for geekery. It's an odd day when I'll choose exercize over, well, pretty much anything I can do while sitting on my ass, but there you are. Anyway, I still found a few things that I thought were worth sharing.


New comics don't often catch my attention, but I want this. I want this so much that I got a little drooly reading about it.


I was a little bummed by Obama's lack of support for the shuttle program, but I think things are actually looking pretty good. The International Space Station is almost finished, the US will still be sending up astronauts, and NASA will be able to put more resources toward other projects. About the ISS, I'm not sure what to say except holy fucking shit. There aren't a lot of things that genuinely make me think, 'wow, you built an amazing thing, humans!', but the ISS is one of them. Goddamn, do I want to go to space.


Instead, I'll watch this video again, because it's just that cool: Timmy O'Riley by L. Hadron and the Colliders.

4 comments:

burbler said...

I'd go into space with you, but I am really not good with heights and it's a really long way. ;)

Erica said...

Heh, just don't look down. Oh, wait, everything is "down" in space! How about I just send you pictures? ;)

Yodood said...

it's only down if you're looking toward your feet since all such terms apply only to human perceptions. Either everything is "out" or we're "in" everything!! ;•p

lol word verification: bledne _ can't quite bring itself to blend

Erica said...

This'll blow your mind even more... what if we *are* everyhing?? Whoa!

I'm gonna go tromp around in the woods and chew on that for awhile :)