Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Taking a dump

Haha, I bet you thought I meant poop! Since I was away for so long, I'm dropping on you a link dump - a collection of some of the interesting things I've found or been pointed to in the past while.


The Year's Most Amazing Scientific Images from the Popular Science website. As you would expect, holy-shit-amazing pictures.


Super cool photos of the LHC No, I'm probably never going to get tired of talking about that thing (and some of the comments on that page are hilarious).


50 Years of Space Exploration This is super fucking amazing. If you check out no other links on this list, look at this. LOOK AT IT!


Planets and Stars to Scale If you were wondering just how small you are, this will help you understand that you are really, really tiny.


Free Science Lectures In addition to the above video, this site has all sorts of cool science shit.


Questions for the Author of The Physics of Superheroes I talked about this book awhile ago (here), enjoyed it and was quite pleased to stumble across this interview.


Top 10 Worst Portrayals of Technology in Film A list you'll appreciate eye-rolling along with.


The Bohr-Einstein Debates, with Puppets Puppets! And physics!


100 Games Cupcakes As an appreciator of both games and cupcakes, I think this is just spectacular. My list of words for #39: ado and coat cod coda con coy dan don nod oat tad tan wad wan wand yon


Os Gameboys Legend of Zelda medley This actually and truly made me a little misty-eyed.


I'll end this dump with some wonderful silliness - Star Trek meets the A-Team


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Alex Colby said...

I did think, in fact, that you were talking about poop. And I'm kinda glad I was wrong.

Erica said...

Well, it wouldn't be the first time the things that entertain me are called shit. Speaking of which, I'm short on good TV; what are you watching these days?