Thursday, October 11, 2007

Still giving Flash a chance

I actually liked Flash Gordon last week. I say "actually" because I know it's not a very good show and really isn't hitting a home run within fandom. It's not the worst thing on tv, but it's nowhere near on par with shows like Battlestar Galactica or Heroes. I'm probably a little cynical & jaded, but I'm guessing Flash Gordon has lower production costs than many shows, making it more likely to stay on the air awhile, regardless of its quality.

Anyway, the past couple eps have been enjoyable. As nice as it is to see the actor playing Barin [Steve Bacic], I'm annoyed by Barin & Aura's foreplay. Their extreme dislike for each other is none-too-subtly contrived, and her acting is just difficult to watch. Maybe things'll get better when they fall for each other.

This week's episode will feature the big fight between Flash & Barin, which I'm looking forward to.

The Flash Gordon of the 1980 movie, Sam Jones, made a guest appearance in this most recent ep as the prisoner from whom Zarkov & Flash learn about Flash's dad. Maybe he'll show up again in a future ep, to help Flash find the missing scientist...or, maybe we'll never see him again.

2 comments:

Yodood said...

No, no not another squeeing fangirl.

Erica said...

Heh, not likely in this case, though if Katee sticks around on Bionic Woman, I could embarrass myself pretty thoroughly :)