Thursday, October 4, 2007

Ever more surprises on Heroes

It's been a busy week for tv, not to mention the real world, so I've got a few posts in the works. First up is Monday night's Heroes. All around a pretty good episode, with some nice story development. I like what's going on with Bennet & Mohinder, but I wonder how long it'll be before the Company is on to them, or before we find out the Company's been on to them all along. I definitely gasped & cheered when the Haitian showed up again, and I was thrilled when he gave the Company the slip, then showed up at Bennet's copy shop.

So, Kensei is more than just a folk hero. Now that was a nice twist. I could have been okay with Hiro being the "real" hero, but I really like that Kensei is considerably more than he appears. How much more we've yet to see, but signs so far are promising.

Peter's situation, dangerous though it might be, is boring thus far, not to mention a little pedestrian given the rest of the show. I mean, he just happens to show up in the middle of an Irish mob war? Oy. Maybe I just think the situation is a little silly, and the teaser with The Box is a lot silly.

I'm not sure whether I'm more intrigued by Claire's new friend, who's determined to blow her cover, or by Claire herself, who's struggling so much just to be who she is. I know Claire irritates some people [what teenage girl doesn't?], but for some reason I really like her and barring a few complaints, I'm happy with the way she's written.

Maya & Alejandro have me wondering even more. They are quite the pair and I really hope we get a little more enlightenment soon. They & their crazy eyes make me think of Molly's frightening visions, and I wonder if they're connected, or if Molly is seeing someone entirely different [like a new incarnation of Sylar...?].

And speaking of my favourite uber-badguy, we should be seeing him again soon and getting a little bit of insight into where he's been for the past four months. I hope he's been doing something cool, and evil.

No comments: