Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The plot thickens

Wow, this was a pretty great episode of Heroes. Claire's story is certainly getting more & more interesting. So her old man is Nathan, who's just found out his long-dead daughter isn't dead after all. Will mom tell him about Claire's ability? And how is it that these two people with these amazing abilities just happened to have a child 16 years ago? That, and our other mutant couple, Nikki & DL, are starting to make me wonder if their offspring weren't planned. These couples meeting & having kids is a pretty great coincidence, unless a much higher percentage of the population has abilities and we just don't know about it. If they were planned, I think we can assume Linderman was behind it. Isn't he behind everything?

For someone who's so weasely, I'm actually liking Mr. Bennett more & more. He didn't do much this ep, but I think Jack Coleman has a great handle on the role. I wonder how Mr. Bennett hopes to protect Claire now that Sylar's back on the loose.

While I mostly enjoyed the bits with Nikki/Jessica, I was a little disappointed that her removal from jail was so quick & easy. I was kind of hoping for some exciting escape using DL's power and maybe even Micah's ability. Nonetheless, I think their story is about to get a lot more interesting, now that Jessica is taking a different approach to the situation. Since Micah could tell the difference between Nikki & Jessica before, I wonder how long she'll be able to fool him.

It's nice to see Peter's ability manifesting more clearly. He seems to be another Sylar, but with angst instead of anger, and a much more benign method of acquiring others' abilities. I'm curious to understand how he acquires Ted the radioactive guy's ability, since they haven't encountered each other yet. However, he seems to already have an inkling of that ability, perhaps divined from his crazy visions. I continue to enjoy Christopher Eccleston and rather like his teaching methods.

Well, Hiro's father doesn't seem to be "anyone" in the story and it doesn't look like we'll be seeing him again, but it was nice that George Takei made even a brief appearance. And, I really liked that the license plate on his car was NCC-1701, the registration of the starship Enterprise. Nice touch.

No comments: