Monday, February 26, 2007

BSG and the mid-season slump

I'm a week behind & haven't even seen yesterday's ep yet, but I'm getting there! Anyway, about last week....

BSG seems to be developing a pattern - start off the season really wonderfully, have several eps in a row that totally kick ass, then midway through the second half of the season, dick around with zero story development and crappy interpersonal sub-plots. Usually I get into the personal drama and the backstory, but these days it's just not grabbing me.

The latest episode ran hot & cold for me. Most of it didn't thrill me much, and I want to know too many things that haven't been talked about. How are Adama & Roslin reacting to having Hera back on Galactica? Are they running tests on that kid? What are the cylons up to? But, some of the scenes with Adama & his ex-wife were interesting to watch. After such a deal was made of Baltar "projecting" as the cylons do, should we have noticed how very similar Adama's experience was? In thinking about the ep, I've had to remind myself that we weren't seeing flashbacks. Adama was projecting.

Frankly, I was kind of hoping Callie would die, but it doesn't look promising. She's expendable, in my pantheon of characters. The hype, however, has been that someone's going to die this season, so I'm antsy to find out who it'll be.

The highlights? Adama & Roslin, of course. I so want those two to hook up. They'd be great together [by which I do mean, I want to watch them have sex].

No comments: