Saturday, February 10, 2007

Geeks, en masse

Last year Timothy & I went to DragonCon in Atlanta and had an amazing time. If you're not familiar with DC, it's one of the largest scifi conventions in the world, drawing 25,000+ geeks of all varieties. 2006 was our second year ever, and our plan was to make a habit of it every couple-few years. My intention for this year was to attend BurningMan [they happen over Labor Day weekend, so I can't do both], but then I foolishly went to the DragonCon website. I just wanted to have a look at the latest news, see if any guests had been announced yet. Well, now I'm thinking BurningMan can wait for another year. Confirmed guests already include Jamie Bamber [Apollo] & Katee Sackhoff [Starbuck] from BSG, and Brent Spiner. Damn, Spiner alone makes it worth it. Plus, Michael Shanks [Daniel Jackson] & Christopher Judge [Teal'c] from SG-1 are also confirmed, as well as a few other people I wouldn't mind seeing. Over the next several months, the confirmed guests will grow to nearly 200 and I know there will be a lot more people on that list I want to see.

I think we decided this morning to go ahead & register for DC, before the fee goes up, and if we change our minds about going we can always sell the tickets. But, I suspect that once I have that confirmation in my hand, I won't be changing my mind.

So...anyone interested in sharing a room at DragonCon this year?

No comments: