Friday, July 11, 2008

The return of Stargate Atlantis

Be careful touching this post – it's got squee all over it.

I love my team, I love this show. I love John & Rodney's concern for each other. I love Teyla and her baby. I love Michael (I know, I disgust myself sometimes). Even Carter was good in this episode.

So, when last we saw our intrepid heroes, they were attempting to rescue Teyla, but instead ended up at the bottom of a crumbling building. Turned out, some redshirts bit the dust, while our heroes (Sheppard, Ronon, McKay and Lorne) were a little worse for wear, but survived. And, of course, the nick-of-time rescue of Sheppard and Ronon was awesome, mostly for the few moments before said rescue.

About Sheppard's dream at the beginning, Ford was never one of my favourite characters (a little too gung-ho marine for me, even before the enzyme turned him into a nutjob). Nonetheless, it was so nice to see him again. Each and every one of the two-thousand milliseconds he was on-screen was a pleasure.

Did Rodney call Michael's database a wiki? I'm not sure if that hurts my brain, or if I think it's cool.

I loved John's stoicism, but I loved Ronon's stubbornness even more. Also, John's not a very good liar. I don't believe he'd leave Ronon if their positions were reversed.

I love Rodney McKay with a fangirlishness that knows no bounds, but I'm pretty damn sure I wouldn't want him helping to deliver my baby. And afterwards, John told Rodney he did good? Uh, how about Teyla? You know, the one who actually had the baby. This ep kind of made me wonder if the writers aren't trying to brace us for the entirely unexpected reveal that McKay and Sheppard are, in fact, a couple.

Hey, a girl can hope.

Michael's ship was destroyed, but this is science fiction television and there's no reason to think that means Michael's dead. Our heroes got off his ship with five adults and a newborn, so it's not much of a stretch to think Michael managed to make it off as well. That's probably just wishful thinking, though.

So, while the end was no surprise, I liked the way the news was delivered. Call me crazy, but I actually like Woolsey and I'm kind of excited about him taking Carter's place.

Yay! Stargate Atlantis is back!! All right, now I can't wait 'til next week.

3 comments:

Yodood said...

Eeeewwww. You were right, now I have to take a shower and change clothes. Can't say you didn't warn me!

Yodood said...

Go here for something you may enjoy. The toads are croaking, how about you?

Erica said...

Go here for something you may enjoy.

That is sick and wrong. Do not sully my love for Saul Tigh!