Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hammond of Texas has fallen

Actor Don S. Davis was taken out by a heart attack a few days ago. In geekdom, his biggest role was as Maj. General George Hammond on Stargate SG-1, but he's got a long list of TV and movie credits spanning more than 25 years. Among his numerous guest appearances on TV shows, one of his most notable was as Dana Scully's father, William Scully, on The X-Files.

Fans will get to see him one last time as Hammond at the end of this month when Stargate: Continuum is released.

On a much more up note, I've been squeeing at commercials for season 5 of Stargate Atlantis. Squeeing, I tell you! It would be undignified, had I any dignity to begin with. The season kicks off next Friday, July 11, at 10pm on the SciFi Channel. As excited as I am, I couldn't laugh harder at the promo pictures released by MGM. They're simply awful. So, in the spirit of mocking, I've changed the Show & Tell picture to a macro made by SGA and slash fan Fia Reynne. It's SGA meets Captain Morgan meets Astroglide. Awww yeah.

No comments: