Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A good kickoff to a new season

Though I was a little distraught at the end of the episode, the season premier of Eureka pleased me greatly. My distress was the result of watching Henry, engineer extraordinaire & one of my favourite characters, turn evil. Aw man, that just sucks. However, I was aching for Jack through the entire episode; he's in love with and spent four years with Allison, and now the only thing he has left of that history is that he loves her. Ouch. So, at least Henry's nefarious plot put an end to Jack's torture [for the moment...]. Is Henry now going to set about doing exactly what we saw at the end of last season: preventing the death of the woman he loves and creating a wacky paradox in the space-time continuum? Maybe this season's finale will just be a repeat of last season's; that would make me laugh :)

Less amusing is the twist in the story involving Allison's autistic son, Kevin. Whatever's going on with him, it can't be kosher. And how is the dirty town shrink, Beverly, involved? Which reminds me, I suspected it last season and the current episode confirms it - Beverly is not hot enough for me to be okay with how evil she is.

Overall, a really good ep. And with the events that went down this week, Eureka could easily turn darker and get a lot more disturbing. I'm crossing my fingers.

On an entirely unrelated note, during a commercial break we got a little preview of Battlestar Galactica: Razor, the two-hour special due later this year. To my extreme pleasure, Michelle Forbes [Admiral Cain] is indeed reprising her role. Yay!

No comments: