Friday, July 27, 2007

Geeks, Ho!

Five weeks 'til DragonCon and I'm starting to get pretty excited. Unfortunately, my significantly awesome other can't join me so I haven't posted about it, as I try hard not to rub in the fact that I'll be having an incredible time. Anyway, one of my favourite parts of events like this is the costuming, and my big project for this year's DC is a genie costume. It's...coming along. My sewing skillz aren't entirely weak, but this is definitely a learning project. I'll also bring a sari and something piratey, and possibly some elf clothes if I get around to picking up ears. Elves aren't really my thing, but it's a ridiculously easy costume and more about the spirit of the event than channeling Galadriel.

A long list of all the guests I'm looking forward to seeing would be boring, but I do have to rave about a few people. Back in the day, my ST:TNG holodeck fantasy starred Data & Dr. Crusher; as it happens, Brent Spiner & Gates McFadden are scheduled to be at DC, so I might still get lucky. Haha, I'm joking. Really. Uh, Claudia Christian will be there as well; she played the utterly awesome Cmdr. Susan Ivanova on Babylon 5. If I was willing to pay for an autograph, I'd take my copy of Playboy in which Claudia was featured and ask her to sign it. As it is, I probably won't even talk to her lest her godlike radiance reduces me to blithering dorkiness.

More DC stuff later, if anything comes up. For now, back to the costume-making grind!

1 comment:

Alex Colby said...

All the awesome hair arrives on Wednesday. When will I find the time to make the dreads! Oy, so busy...