Thursday, July 19, 2007

Another good Eureka

This week's episode was some pretty good Eureka. It felt like I laughed a lot, which is a good sign. I'm very glad that Henry seems to be catching on to Beverly, and I hope getting distracted by that mystery will help him see the error of his current deception.

The personal bubble storyline included some good laughs, though Fargo isn't one of my favourite characters and I wouldn't have minded if he'd ended up toast. But, I did like Jack's solution and at least Fargo got to be dead for a little bit.

As much as I disliked Nathan Stark through most of season 1, I'm really starting to like the relationship that's developing between him & Jack. It'd ring fake if they suddenly started buddying up, but a little less animosity tinging their competition would be nice. I also think the romantic triangle involving those two & Allison would be more entertaining if it ran parallel to Jack & Stark developing a friendship. Which reminds me, I wonder if Henry's memory wiper will turn out to be as effective as he was hoping, because the book Jack borrowed from him seems to be tickling something in Jack's mind.

We haven't seen much of Zoe in these first two eps, so I hope we get more of her soon. I liked the exchange she & Jack had at the end of this episode about passing drivers' ed, and that through all the completely wacky goings on in this town, the usual teenage milestones are still happening.

1 comment:

Yodood said...

I like that you are so steeped in geekery that the usual teenage milestones showing up seems to you to be special effects. ;•}