Monday, March 12, 2007

More of what I expect from BSG

Now this was some good Battlestar Galactica.

Perhaps we'll actually see a trial before season's end, with many delicious twists & turns. Will the season-ending cliffhanger involve Apollo turning fully to the dark side, and sincerely working to defend Baltar? Who knows what kind of crazy shit his grief might drive him to. And speaking of crazy shit, Baltar seems considerably more frazzled than he was before. Maybe the closer he gets to his trial, the less likely he thinks it is that he'll avoid being put out an airlock, and we all know Baltar can get a little spazzy when the heat is on.

Baltar's new attorney* is a real charmer. It's hard to know what his game is, but he certainly plays by his own rules. I feel as though I was suckered by him as much as Apollo was, because I like him and look forward to seeing him in the next couple eps.

I frowned during the opening credits, when Katee Sackhoff's name failed to appear, and I almost cried with Adama when he was going through Starbuck's file. Nope, I refuse to accept that she's gone. She has a destiny, and though we'll have to wait a good long while, I believe we are going to find out what it is.

Okay, Cally has gone from being merely expendable to actually irritating and unlikeable. I never thought she was the sharpest stick in the pile of sticks, but it seems like she's been taking stupid pills when it comes to Baltar. Has she forgotten what it was like on New Caprica? Maybe she remembers it was Jammer who tried to save her ass after Baltar signed off on her [and many, many others'] execution, and she's hoping to atone for her complicity in his death by defending Baltar & his right to a trial. Or maybe she's just a dumbass.

Two more episodes before an eight month break, and I suspect they're going to be pretty fuckin' intense. Well, aaall right :)


*played by Mark Sheppard, who's done guest spots on a number of scifi shows. Hep geeks will recognize him from a couple eps of Firefly, in which he played the dirty middleman, Badger.

1 comment:

Alex Colby said...

Y'know, I missed the first two minutes of the show, we were out to eat with friends and I had to feign gas to get home early to catch the show. Okay, so I wasn't feigning, but still.

I thought it was a good one, not one of the best, but still worth watching. Laura was in an unusual mode again. You never *really* know with her, I think she's going through menopause sometimes, those mood swings are sure interesting.

How I love it when the Adamas butt heads like that, and I *loved* it when Lee stood up with his balls in his hand and effectively said, "They're as big as yours, old fucker! Pull 'em out! Pull 'em out and let's see!"

I didn't really get that Cally was defending Balthar at all, though.