Saturday, June 16, 2007

Holy ascended cliffhangers, batman!

Ahh, now this was some good SG-1. It had the feeling of driving fast down a twisty, turny road, with lots of bright flashes thrown in. Vala's implanted memory business also fondly reminded me of Total Recall, so I liked that. Something I particularly enjoyed was that through the bulk of the episode, Adria was basically powerless. It was nice to see her scared & uncertain, even if things did ultimately end well in her favour.

I hooted a little when Baal showed up. He's a good bad guy, and I'm not just sayin' that because he's hot. I like that he's been active this season, particularly as a strong third element in the human-Ori conflict. I wish his plan had worked, because Baal with the powers of a Prior would take evil to a wonderful new level. Also, Morena Baccarin is a little more tolerable as Baal than as that damned irritating Orici. Of course, now that she's ascended, who knows what she'll be like next time we see her.

Next week is the final episode, ever. *sigh*

No comments: