Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Edging closer to an explosive finish

Monday's Heroes was pretty damn good, but too short. I liked Linderman's narration at the beginning. So, we now know quite a bit more about his story, and his intentions. Linderman is the man with the plan, and a hell of a plan it is. I'm willing to believe he does care about humanity and wants to save the world; I'm also willing to believe he's emotionally & mentally warped.

Perhaps it was a bit subtle for me, but are we to understand Mrs. Petrelli is...telepathic? Or perhaps she sees into the future. Maybe she has super awesome hearing and was in the next room during Nathan & Peter's conversation. Whatever the case, this week's revelations bring to the fore a question that's nudged me a little during recent episodes - does anyone on this show not have some kind of power? I guess there's Mohinder, though he's powerfully boring, and Mr. Bennet [almost curiously] doesn't seem to do anything extraordinary. I wonder now, also, if Linderman & Mrs. Petrelli are among the first generation, or if others came before them. How long have these mutations been showing up?

I enjoyed Bennet's exciting escape via Parkman & Ted the Radioactive Man, whose EMP was totally cool. And now they're off to New York to bust some shit up. I wonder if Parkman will stick with them, or take off on his own to go after Linderman.

The most exciting parts of the episode followed Sylar, starting with the short but very cool fight with Peter. It was a nice touch that, while Sylar was unzipping Peter's head, we could hear a clock ticking. The glass bit was a cool move, though I have to wonder why Peter had his back to Sylar. That doesn't make any sense at all. Anyway, does Peter's contact with Sylar now mean he has all the powers Sylar has?

Isaac was never one of my favourite characters, but I liked the scene where Sylar offed him. His painting was great, and puzzling. While my first inclination is to believe the perversion of Isaac's painting came from Sylar's own twisted head, I wonder if Sylar perhaps painted another version of the future. Maybe Nathan Petrelli does ascend, as per Linderman's plan, but instead of using his position to bring the world together, he becomes dark and evil.

Well, I have other thoughts, but they'll have to wait. I'm on my way out of town for the weekend and stupid old packing is more "important" than geeking. Hmph.

1 comment:

Yodood said...

I like the idea of Nathan going over to the dark side, since he's in politics already his inclinations to control the world are pretty obvious.
Also I wonder since his invulnerable niece brought him back to life do Peter's accumulated powers withdraw from the skill vampire, Sylar. Since he can only gain powers by killing the possessor, resurrection must have some effect, or not.