Saturday, December 10, 2011

Good night, Moon!

Last night when I went to bed, it was with the expectation that I'd miss the totally cool lunar eclipse coming in the early morning. That was okay, though, as bed didn't happen 'til after a full moon snowshoe involving a little booze, a little stumbling around in the woods, and a lot of laughing & fun. We're thinking we should add some mushrooms next time.

Anyway, I woke up a few hours after I made it to bed and it just happened to be shortly before the eclipse started. Not thinking about how ridiculous I was being, I bundled up, grabbed my camera and climbed onto the icy rooftop. It was cold, windy & shitty, but I couldn't convince myself to abandon what was now starting to look very amazing.

My camera batteries died about halfway through the eclipse, so I used that as an excuse to get off the icy, cold, dangerous roof. But, I'm happy with some of the pictures I got, and I look forward to the next eclipse (I think the next one visible from where I am is due in May of 2013, so I have time to plan).

Finally, these are the pics I got -- December 10 lunar eclipse.

No comments: