Sunday, June 6, 2010

The horror!

The BP Gulf oil gusher is starting to register in my brain as horrific. It pleases me that some folks are having a good time with it in some clever, creative & fucked up ways. Warning to the delicate, there are a handful of pretty nasty pictures of oil covered animals at that link in addition to the funny. You know, because it's tragic and it's funny. Also, check out BP's PR Twitter feed. What? Of course it's legit.

Look, over there! Celebrity news to distract you from the horrors of the real world! Patrick Stewart became a knight the other day, which custom I think is ridiculous and laughably antiquated, yet is still kind of neat. That's right, my social politics are a mélange of contradictory æsthetics. So, good on you, Sir Patrick!

Oh, in case you haven't cared -- uh, I mean heard, Heroes was canceled. Now all we need is to never hear from it again. Dammit! I mean, all we need is a miniseries to wrap things up. Oy fuckin' vey. Didn't these people watch Peacekeeper Wars? Although if Sylar gives birth through leather pants in the middle of a firefight, I might be convinced to sit through it at least once.

No comments: